Uganda Gorilla Expedition & Safari - Limited Edition
The feeling of laying eyes on a family of rare mountain gorillas in the wild is a hard one to describe. Crouching in primeval forest as a mother plays with her babies close by is an experience few humans ever get to have, and for good reason. There are only about 700 mountain gorillas left in the world, and half of them can be found in Uganda's Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Led by a local driver/guide, join a small group of eight travellers on this special expedition into the untouched Ugandan wilderness. Spend two full days trekking in the park to see the gorillas, learning about the important conservation work of local rangers and wildlife organisations and falling asleep to the sounds of the forest. You'll also explore Queen Elizabeth National Park – home to elephants, tree-climbing lions, buffalo and Ugandan kobs – on exciting game drives. If you're after a truly wild and unforgettable adventure, this is it.
- Spend two days trekking (with an optional third) through Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to get close to Uganda's rare mountain gorillas. With plenty of time in the park, you'll get to see two different gorilla families interacting in their natural habitat.
- Both Gorilla Permits are included in the trip price!
- Travelling in an intimate group of maximum eight passengers allows for greater mobility and more face time with your local guide and expert conservationists.
- With all transfers done by 4x4 or plane – including a flight from Entebbe to Queen Elizabeth National Park – you'll spend less time on the road and more time exploring Uganda's wildlife-rich wilderness.
- Enjoy a bush breakfast and keep an eye out for elephants, antelope, birds and famous tree-climbing lions on game drives through Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Wake up to spectacular views of the forest canopy during a four-night stay at Buhoma Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Sit down to dinner with a local park ranger, learning about life in the wilderness and their special relationships with the mountain gorillas. This is one dinner conversation you've likely never had before!
- Meet with a representative of Gorilla Doctors and gain insight into their important veterinary and conservation work. Their international team of veterinarians are the only group providing these critically endangered animals with direct, hands-on care in the wild.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust