Namibia & South Africa's Garden Route
East Africa has the premier wildlife parks, and West Africa the infectious rhythms, but many travellers now look south, to Namibia, for an Africa experience with a difference. Join Peregrine on this essential combination trip contrasting the best of Namibia’s unique sand dune scenery with the pristine natural beauty of South Africa’s famous Garden Route. From Windhoek down to Port Elizabeth, this adventure covers everything from Etosha National Park, Sossusvlei and Fish River Canyon to the Cape Winelands and stunning parks and coast of southern South Africa. Stroll through petrified forest, see penguins and meerkats at close range, discover the ancient culture of the Damara, take safaris in search of elephants and big game, and taste fresh oysters, local wine and cheese along the way. Unique, adventurous, yet comfortable and well-paced, this Peregrine adventure through Namibia and South Africa is the perfect way to experience a different side of the world’s oldest inhabited continent.
- The unique landscape of Etosha National Park makes it one of the best animal-viewing destinations in the world, and you'll enjoy a full day of game drives here.
- As eerie as they are fascinating, the sand dunes of the Sossusvlei can be seen in all their blazing beauty from the top of Dune 45.
- Rise early and witness the colourful sunrise and a picnic breakfast from the edge of Fish River Canyon, the second largest chasm of its type in the world, before returning to Canyon Lodge, our feature stay on this trip.
- Enjoy an adventurous yet relaxing canoe trip down the picturesque Orange River as the day melts into sunset.
- Step inside Faldela's Purple House in the Bo-Kaap region of Cape Town for an authentic home-cooked dinner. Taste some of the traditional dishes such as 'Bredie', 'Chilli Bites' and 'Koesisters'.
- Taste South Africa’s acclaimed wine heritage with a special Wine tasting in the Cape Winelands, where ducks form part of the workforce and hand-crafted wines are waiting to be sampled.
- Experience some of the world’s best whale watching without leaving dry land. Hermanus’ coastal walkways have the perfect spots to sit and watch the whales as they frolic in in the bay.
- Cruise out on to the emerald waters of the Knysna Lagoon and taste some of the freshest, most delicious local produce on an Oyster Tour
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust