Laos & Cambodia Impressions
Laos and Cambodia are home to some of the most beautiful countryside, temples and architecture in the world. Let yourself slip into the relaxed way of life of these magnificent nations and soak up the atmosphere as you boat along the Mekong River and explore magnificent temples in Luang Prabang. Enjoy the whimsy of French colonial architecture meshed with Buddhist temples in Vientiane. Then travel to Cambodia to gain an insight into its dark history and marvel at the extravagant archaeological treasures of the Khmers, the iconic temples of Angkor. You’ll have plenty of time to explore, discover, taste and experience Laos and Cambodia on this illuminating voyage.
- Enjoy a boat trip on the sun-kissed Mekong River, observing stunning scenery and riverside French villas along the way. Stop by the Pak Ou Caves, known for the hundreds of shrines and miniature Buddhist statues that line their walls.
- Unwind in the laid-back jungle town of Luang Prabang. Watch as orange-clad monks gather offerings of rice, fruit and sweets from locals before sunrise in a daily alms giving ceremony
- A full-day of sightseeing in Vientiane includes visits to the capital’s most dazzling attractions, including the golden Pha That Luang (or the Great Stupa), the most sacred monument in the Laos.
- See the important sights of Phnom Penh on a full-day guided tour around the Cambodian capital. The Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Choeung Ek (Killing Fields) are sobering experiences you won't forget.
- Enjoy two days of fully guided temple tours in Siem Reap, with in-depth insights into the history of these extraordinary structures and plenty of time at Angkor Wat.
- Visit a working Buddhist Monastery and meet the resident Monks to learn more about this religion and its importance to the Cambodian people.
- Included flight on this trip makes travelling easy and allows for maximum time in each destination.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust