Highlights of Southern Spain & Morocco
Separated by only 13 kilometres, Spain and Morocco prove to be a stellar combo for a two-week holiday! Moorish food, seductive Seville and simmering souks – this adventure showcases both the contrasts and the close ties between two extraordinary countries.
- The enchanting old Jewish neighbourhood of Santa Cruz makes for the perfect base in Seville. Lose yourself in the narrow cobblestone lanes and visit the stunning Alcazar
- Visit the spectacular mountain-top village of Zahara de la Sierra and enjoy an olive oil tasting at a local family-run mill
- Granada is a city like no other. Explore the outstanding Alhambra Palace, wander through the mythic Moorish quarter and feast on the city's world-renowned cuisine – all with the benefit of insider knowledge
- Enjoy a tasting and talk about the local beers and Iberico ham from the owner of a local deli. This little show is offered exclusively to our group.
- There's flexibility. In Grazalema, you can venture into the hills in search of eagles and mountain goats, or choose to stay and relax in this gorgeous Andalucian hill village
- Visit ´Molino El Vinculo´, a traditional, family-run ‘cold’ olive oil mill for a demonstration and tasting.
- Spend a night in Ronda, one of Spain's oldest towns, and see why the likes of Hemingway and Dumas sang the praises of this cliff-perched beauty
- Hotel Don Miguel overlooks the gorge in Ronda. Enjoy your feature stay night with the views and elegance.
- Reveal the history of the flamenco – a unique style of dance ingrained within Spanish culture and musical heritage
- Marvel at the size of the Mosque of Hassan II, which dominates the Casablanca skyline – this massive edifice is the largest in Africa and second only in the world to the great mosque at Mecca
- Uncover one of the most remote parts of the Roman Empire, and the most impressive Roman ruins in Morocco, at the UNESCO World Heritage site of Volubilis
- Explore Morocco’s first imperial city, Meknes, and discover the charming streets of the old medina that lead to the lovely Bou Inania Medresse (religious school)
- Enjoy the magical atmosphere and hospitality of feature stay in traditional Riad in Meknes, house with interior garden, fountain and beautifully decorated rooms
- Dive into Fes’ medina and be surrounded by the spiritual and cultural heart of Morocco in arguably the world's most fascinating and confounding old city
- Experience the unique surroundings of Bin el Ouidane, a remote settlement beautifully located on the bank of a lake, surrounded by sheer rocks. Discover the perfect place for taking the panoramic photos of the place, photos your friend will be jealous of.
- Listen to the ‘call for prayer’ in Fes from the one of many rooftops in town.
- Witness the evening transformation of Jemaa el Fna in Marrakech, when in becomes a living stage; where food, music and entertainment come together to make one of the world’s greatest public squares
- Go behind the scenes of the markets in Marrakech with a local guide who will provide an insight into Moroccan specialities at hidden stalls in the medina
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust