Highlights of Southern Spain & Morocco
Separated by only 13 kilometres, Spain and Morocco prove to be a stellar combo for a two-week holiday! Moorish food, seductive Seville and simmering souks – this adventure showcases both the contrasts and the close ties between two extraordinary countries.
- The enchanting old Jewish neighbourhood of Santa Cruz makes for the perfect base in Seville. Lose yourself in the narrow cobblestone lanes and visit the stunning Catedral de Sevilla
- Visit the spectacular mountain-top village of Zahara de la Sierra and enjoy an olive oil tasting at a local family-run mill
- Granada is a city like no other. Explore the outstanding Alhambra Palace, wander through the mythic Moorish quarter and feast on the city's world-renowned cuisine – all with the benefit of insider knowledge
- Enjoy a tasting and talk about the local beers and Iberico ham from the owner of a local deli. This little show is offered exclusively to our group.
- There's flexibility. In Grazalema, you can venture into the hills in search of eagles and mountain goats, or choose to stay and relax in this gorgeous Andalucian hill village
- Visit ´Molino El Vinculo´, a traditional, family-run ‘cold’ olive oil mill for a demonstration and tasting.
- Spend a night in Ronda, one of Spain's oldest towns, and see why the likes of Hemingway and Dumas sang the praises of this cliff-perched beauty
- Hotel Don Miguel overlooks the gorge in Ronda. Enjoy your feature stay night with the views and elegance.
- Reveal the history of the flamenco – a unique style of dance ingrained within Spanish culture and musical heritage
- Marvel at the size of the Mosque of Hassan II, which dominates the Casablanca skyline – this massive edifice is the largest in Africa and second only in the world to the great mosque at Mecca
- Uncover one of the most remote parts of the Roman Empire, and the most impressive Roman ruins in Morocco, at the UNESCO World Heritage site of Volubilis
- Explore Morocco’s first imperial city, Meknes, and discover the charming streets of the old medina that lead to the lovely Bou Inania Medresse (religious school)
- Enjoy the magical atmosphere and hospitality of feature stay in traditional Riad in Meknes, house with interior garden, fountain and beautifully decorated rooms
- Dive into Fes’ medina and be surrounded by the spiritual and cultural heart of Morocco in arguably the world's most fascinating and confounding old city
- Experience the unique surroundings of Bin el Ouidane, a remote settlement beautifully located on the bank of a lake, surrounded by sheer rocks. Discover the perfect place for taking the panoramic photos of the place, photos your friend will be jealous of.
- Listen to the ‘call for prayer’ in Fes from the one of many rooftops in town.
- Witness the evening transformation of Jemaa el Fna in Marrakech, when in becomes a living stage; where food, music and entertainment come together to make one of the world’s greatest public squares
- Go behind the scenes of the markets in Marrakech with a local guide who will provide an insight into Moroccan specialities at hidden stalls in the medina
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust