US & Canada Discovery Winter
Canada and America are big places with big reputations, and their larger-than-life personalities are all the more impressive in the snow. Check out the Windy City, see a completely different side of American life in small-town Ohio, experience the misty magic of Niagara Falls, attend an exhilarating ice hockey match in Toronto, be charmed by stately downtown Ottawa, explore eclectic and French-infused Montreal, get behind the scenes of American food production en route to Stowe, walk the Freedom Trail in Boston, and finish up among the snow-dusted icons and skyscrapers of New York. Along the way, there’s a slew of winter festivals and Christmas markets to explore.
- Winter is a great time to travel the States and Canada! It is less crowded and the snow and Christmas decorations can be magical. This flexible itinerary is specially designed to show you not only the highlights but also the added bonus of some seasonal treats.
- Enjoy a home cooked meal with an Amish bishop and his family and learn about another way of life.
- Attend an ice-hockey match in Toronto to learn all about this national pastime from a local's perspective - which must be enjoyed with cold beer and some tasty Canadian snacks of course.
- This is our only trip that goes to Ottawa, a beautiful city full of grand Victorian architecture and fascinating museums.
- Canadians love a winter festival, and depending on when you visit there's always something going on like Christmas markets or the festival of lights in Toronto and Montreal.
- Visit the Von Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe to learn the truth behind the Sound of Music, then strap on some snowshoes for a walk through the mountains.
- The Freedom Trail in Boston is one of the best free ways to learn about America's history. Taking you indoors and out, this living museum spans at least 16 sites across the city.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust