North & South India Real Food Adventure
Spend over three weeks discovering the sights, sounds and flavours of India. From Delhi to Kochi and via the ethereal beauty of Rajasthan, experience the best street food in Delhi, the beautiful sight of the Taj Mahal in Agra, the delightful taste of Rajasthan’s traditional cuisine in Jaipur and Udaipur, the colours of India’s markets and bazaars and how to cook up delicious regional Indian dishes in a number of inspiring cooking classes. Relax on Goa’s beaches, see Jaipur’s breathtaking Palace of the Wind, explore the vibrant food scene of Mumbai and spend time in rural Rajasthan living it up in a 17th-century fort. Wander around a tea farm in Periyar, take to the water on a houseboat in the Kerala backwaters and enjoy cooking demonstrations in Madurai and Kochi. You will relish every bit of this sensory trip through the heart of southern India. This unforgettable journey into the cultural and gastronomic heart of North & South India will satisfy every appetite.
- Get a real taste of some of India's most famous culinary traditions – Mughal, Rajasthani, and the Portuguese-tinged flavours of Goa – while feasting with locals in family-run restaurants, rural homes, or in temples
- Get in touch with an amazing array of street food on eye-opening and adventurous cuisine crawls
- Take in the splendor of the Taj Mahal in Agra, followed by a cooking demonstration and lunch in a local home
- Visit a working spice farm to view the secret 'building blocks' of Indian cuisine at their source
- Learn to prepare your own authentic regional Indian dishes from expert home cooks and working chefs
- Taste the true heart of India through its food – explore the ingredients, flavours and tastes of the key southern Indian food regions of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu
- Get a truly local insight into Madurai’s street food scene guided by a passionate foodie
- Learn about Chettinad cuisine an impressive nineteenth century mansion – the Chettiars have a reputation of eating like kings!
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust