Discover Mexico & Costa Rica
Mexico and Costa Rica are two sides of the same Aztec coin. Their unique histories, filled with ancient civilizations and conquests, runs deep, and both have emerged into the modern age as colourful, lively cities where you can just as easily stroll the ruins of Teotihuacan as wander the hidden jungles of Sarapiqui. Embark on a Central American adventure past brooding volcanoes, pounding waterfalls, and ruins stuffed with history. Lend a helping hand at a local farm, taste tequila in Guadalajara, salsa the night away in San Jose, and then unwind on the sizzling white sands of Quepos.
THIS COMBINATION TRIP WILL BE DISCONTINUED IN 2019. The 'Costa Rica Express' (QVKR) sub trip of this combination trip will be discontinued in 2019, so we are no longer offering it as a packaged combination trip. The 'Classic Costa Rica' (QVSR) will run in 2019 with minor changes. The 'Mexican Heartlands' (QVSM) will run unchanged in 2019.
- Stand at the foot of the mammoth Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan
- Explore the historic streets of Mexico City on a walking tour of the city
- Spend a day exploring the World Heritage-listed city of San Miguel de Allende
- Take a tequila tasting tour in the heart of Guadalajara
- See more butterflies than ever before at the El Rosario Monarch Butterfly Reserve
- Explore the jungle in the Tortuguero National Park
- Soak off the day in La Fortuna hot springs
- Get close to the coalface at Arenal Volcano
- Experience local life on a homestay in Santa Rosa de Pocosol
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust