We are proud to offer this 13 night tour in South Africa that takes in key sites across the country that are important to both South Africa, and Nelson Mandela, including:
- Mandela Yard where Nelson Mandela rented when he first came to Johannesburg
- Nelson Mandela Bridge
- Mandela House Museum, the house where Nelson Mandela lived until he was forced underground in 1961
- Union Buildings where Nelson Mandela was inaugurated
- Old Synagogue, site of Mandela's Treason Trial
- Ohlange Institute where Nelson Mandela voted for the first time
- Project Gateway Museum where there were many freedom fighters kept
- Nelson Mandela Capture site
- 67 Public Art Works symbolising Nelson Mandela’s 67 years of work dedicated to the Freedom of South Africa.
- Drakenstein Correctional Centre where Nelson Mandela spent the last 14 months of his 27 years of imprisonment.
- Mandela Rhodes Building, home to the Mandela Rhodes Foundation.
- District Six
- Robben IslandChapmans Peak and African Penguins of Boulders Beach Pollsmoor Prison, where Mandela was sent to in 1982, after spending 18 years on Robben Island
As this tour is done on a private basis the routes and accommodation used can be amended according to individual preferences. This is a sample itinerary to provide ideas and inspiration....
Price from £2325 per person
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown