Tablelands, Reef & Rainforest Self-Drive
Enjoy a leisurely cruise on the Great Barrier Reef and a stay in Daintree Rainforest, and see Northern Queensland's rich wildlife in some lesser known places on this comprehensive self-drive trip.
Inland you visit the fascinating Crater Lakes National Park en route to the Atherton Tablelands, and Mareeba Wetlands for fantastic birding and an opportunity to see many iconic animals. You'll also experience the Outback to see ancient rock art and hear the stories of Dreamtime. However the undoubted highlights are the four days aboard a comfortable vessel to see the extraordinary marine life of the Great Barrier Reef and the time spent exploring the world's most ancient rainforest at Daintree.
The full itinerary detail is available on our website.
- Day 1: Depart UK
- Day 3: Arrive Cairns
- Day 4: Relax on the beach north of Cairns
- Day 5: Cruise on the Great Barrier Reef; Thetford Reef & Sudbury Cay
- Day 6: Hinchinbrook Channel & beach BBQ on Pelorus Island
- Day 7: Visit Dunk’s Island & Nathan Reef
- Day 8: Disembark in Cairns & drive to Malanda, Atherton Tablelands
- Day 9: Explore Atherton Tablelands
- Day 10: Explore Atherton Tablelands; drive to Mareeba Wetlands; boat trip
- Day 11: Drive to Cooktown
- Days 12-13: Explore Cooktown & surrounding area
- Day 14: Drive to Daintree National Park
- Day 15: Explore Daintree National Park
- Day 16: Drive to Cairns and depart
- Day 17: Arrive UK
Apr to Nov
Price including flights from/to UK:
From £4,195 pp
Price excluding international flights:
From £3,195 pp
- Boat trip
- Nature drive
- Panga ride
- Scuba diving
- Sea kayaking
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust