Penguins, Koalas & Great Ocean Road
The combination of self-drive, small group tour and day excursions around Melbourne takes in Great Ocean Road, East Gippsland and the Wilderness Coast to see the best of Victoria's iconic wildlife.
Heading south from Melbourne, you explore the wild coast along Great Ocean Road under your own steam, with a wide choice of optional activities as varied as a canopy walk, seal watching, a glow worm tour or a helicopter flight. Back in the city you take two expertly guided full-day excursions to visit Phillips Island and see the best of local birdlife, before joining a four-day small group tour to explore East Gippsland's forests and the Wilderness Coast accompanied by a naturalist guide.
The full itinerary detail is available on our website.
- Day 1: Depart UK
- Day 2: Melbourne
- Day 3: Drive to Great Ocean Road; dusk walk to see kangaroos and koalas
- Day 4: Explore the Great Ocean Road
- Day 5: Free morning for optional activities; drive back to Melbourne
- Day 6: Melbourne; full day birding trip
- Day 7: Melbourne; visit Phillip Island
- Day 8: Join a 4-day small group trip to East Gippsland and Wilderness Coast
- Day 9: Explore East Gippsland’s forests
- Day 10: Explore the Wilderness Coast
- Day 11: Drive back to Melbourne
- Day 12: Depart Melbourne
- Day 13: Arrive UK
Sep to May
Price including flights from/to UK:
From £4,395 pp
Price excluding international flights:
From £3,395 pp
- Boat trip
- Nature drive
- Sea kayaking
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust