Madagascar's wildlife ploughed its own evolutionary furrow, resulting in a range of unique species, the most notable being the lemur.
These charismatic creatures survive in various different habitats, despite the depredations of deforestation and population growth, and on guided day and night walks you can expect to see mouse, dwarf and woolly lemurs, black and white ruffed lemur, diademed sifaka, common brown lemur, eastern grey bamboo lemur and red-bellied lemur, amongst others. Of course, there is also a wealth of chameleons and frogs to see during your visit.
Madagascar is also richly endowed in cultural terms, and your visit wouldn't be complete without delving into the country's tribal structure and complex system of fady, or taboos.
The full itinerary detail is available on our website.
- Day 1: Depart UK
- Day 2: Arrive Antananarivo & transfer to Andasibe
- Day 3: Mantadia National Park & Vakona Private Reserve
- Day 4: Analamazaotra National Park, transfer to Antananarivo
- Days 5-7: Fly to Fort Dauphin, visit Berenty Private Reserve
- Days 8-9: Fly back to Antananarivo, city tour
- Days 10-11: Fly to Morondava, drive to Marofandilia
- Day 12: Visit the Allée des Baobabs
- Day 13: Return to Antananarivo
- Day 14: Depart Antananarivo
- Day 15: Arrive UK
Jan to Dec: Daily throughout the year, as your itinerary suits
Price including flights from/to UK:
From £4,295 pp
Price excluding international flights:
From £3,595 pp
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust