Untouched Caribbean rainforests, sprawling savannahs and tropical reefs offer a wide variety of wildlife encounters and nature experiences.
The Caribbean is synonymous with turquoise sea and sandy beaches, but delve deeper and you will find there is much more to this part of the world than first appears. Start by visiting Trinidad for its excellent birding, before venturing to the seemingly forgotten land of Guyana. With its incredible diversity and natural splendour, Guyana is ideal for any wildlife enthusiast. Round off your adventure by taking a few days to relax and enjoy the splendid marine life of idyllic Tobago.
Read travel consultant Chris Smith's blog about his trip to Guyana.
The full itinerary detail is available on our website.
- Day 1: Fly to Trinidad; transfer to Asa Wright Nature Centre
- Days 2-3: Excursions from Asa Wright Nature Centre
- Day 4: Drive to Talparo and visit Tamana Bat Caves
- Day 5: Birding at Nariva Swamp & turtles at Matura Beach
- Day 6: Fly to Guyana, overnight in Georgetown
- Day 7: Light aircraft to Annai & drive to Iwokrama River Lodge
- Day 8: Explore Iwokrama Rainforest
- Day 9: Drive to Iwokrama Canopy Walkway & Atta Rainforest Lodge
- Day 10: Early morning birding & transfer to Surama
- Day 11: Walk up Surama Mountain; dugout canoe on the Burro-Burro River
- Day 12: Boat transfer to Karanambu; evening birding
- Day 13: Birding & watching wildlife on the Rupununi Savannah
- Day 14: Final morning activity at Karanambu; fly to Georgetown
- Day 15: Fly to Tobago & transfer to Coco Reef Resort
- Days 16-17: Drive to Speyside; explore Tobago
- Day 18: Depart Tobago
- Day 19: Arrive UK
Sep to Apr
Price including flights from/to UK:
From £7,645 pp
Price excluding international flights:
From £6,945 pp
- Boat trip
- Nature drive
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust