Bears & Whales In South East Alaska
Travelling on board a small yacht, this itinerary offers an unforgettable voyage to witness majestic glaciers, brown bears gorging on salmon, and humpback whales bubble-net feeding.
One fifth of the size of the continental USA, Alaska has the world's highest coastal mountain range and over half of its glaciers. Much of this wildlife-watching trip takes place within the confines of North America's immense Tongass National Forest, where you will explore the shoreline for intertidal creatures and keep a record of the various species of birds, plants and animals seen. The itinerary is deliberately flexible to make the most of wildlife sightings and favourable weather patterns.
The full itinerary detail is available on our website.
- Day 1: Fly to Seattle
- Day 2: Fly to Petersburg, Alaska
- Day 3: Board Island Roamer
- Days 4-12: Watch humpbacks in Frederick Sound, brown & black bears at Anan. Visit Le Conte Glacier
- Day 13: Disembark at Prince Rupert, Canada
- Day 14: Fly to Vancouver & depart
- Day 15: Arrive UK
You should note: The itinerary is left flexible in order to take account of the interests of the group, the weather conditions and to take advantage of the wildlife sightings. Some departures operate in reverse from Prince Rupert to Petersburg.
Jul to Aug
Price including flights from/to UK:
From £6,895 pp
Price excluding international flights:
From £4,895 pp;
Included in the price/package:
- 10 nights shared cabin on board vessel
- 1 night hotel in Seattle (flight inclusive package only)
- 1 night hotel in Petersburg (flight inclusive package only)
- 1 night hotel in Prince Rupert (flight inclusive package only)
- Most meals (room-only in hotels, all meals on vessel)
- Flights Seattle to Petersburg and Prince Rupert to Vancouver
This is a group trip with fixed departure dates. Please refer to our website for further information.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust