This wonderful walk on the St Paul’s Trail, Turkey’s second marked long-distance trekking route, offers a true insight into some of Central Anatolia’s most beautiful rural parts.
Utilising ancient Roman roads and paths, we pass through some of the most diverse and surreal landscapes you are ever likely to have seen, from towering limestone rock columns to high altitude pastures and forests of fragrant cedar and pine. We will encounter shepherds with their flocks and incredible ancient and deserted archaeological sites. We will eat fresh cherries from the trees and swim in the rivers. We will drink from fresh mountains springs, one - so they say - that St Paul drank from on his epic journey to convert the pagans of Asia Minor in the 1st century AD.
The route takes in the natural highlights of the beautiful Taurus Mountains, including canyons, rivers, and the spectacular 40km long lake at Egirdir. The walking is mostly medium grade, but there are some steepish climbs.€commodation ranges from comfortable hotels and pensions, to basic homestays in village houses, but will always be interesting; food is mainly traditional village food and will be one of the highlights of the trip. The trip finishes with a visit to the stunning Aspendos Theatre, perhaps the world’s best-preserved Roman theatre.
### Highlights: ###
* Walk in the footsteps of St Paul
* Stay in village houses
* Roman Theatres at Selge & Aspendos
* Spectacular mountain views
*An insight into the people and culture of rural Turkey
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses and obviously our feet)
* 7 nights’€commodation (3 nights in hotels and 4 in village guesthouses/lodges)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust