The rich landscapes of this much disputed land are riddled with long distance footpaths that provide a fascinating insight into a region that has lain at the crossroads of world history for over three millennia. One such trail is the Masar Ibrahim al-Khalil, the biblical ‘Path of Abraham’.Running from south-east Turkey to the deserts of the Jordan Valley, the trail passes through some of the most culturally and historically significant landscapes in the Middle East.
This incredible journey provides us with an opportunity to gain a unique insight into an ancient and fascinating land; one that has seen the passing of Crusaders and Saracens, the crucifixion of Christ and the bloody conflicts of the Arab-Israeli wars. Travelling on foot through the Jordan Valley we travel from Nablus to the beautiful springs of Al Auja, before then travelling on to explore the Dead Sea region and the biblical cities of Jericho, Bethlehem and Jerusalem, some of the most revered and contentious settings on earth.
### Highlights: ###
* Explore the biblical landscapes of the Jordan Valley, following the ‘Path of Abraham’
* A unique opportunity to discover the true essence of Palestine on foot.
* Stay with local families and enjoy the experience of a Bedouin desert camp.
* Explore the ancient city of Jericho and the saline waters of the Dead Sea.
* Visit Bethlehem’s Church of Nativity and the fascinating city of Jerusalem.
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 8 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport (minibuses)
* 8 nights’€commodation (5 in hotels, 1 night in a homestay, 1 night in a guesthouse and 1 in a Bedouin desert camp)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
Please note that the departures for 2018 are 8 days in duration. Please see individual dossiers for full details.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust