As Myanmar (Burma), undoubtedly one of THE destinations to visit at the moment, opens up to an ever increasing number of visitors, the challenge for us here at WF is to continue to develop tours which offer truly authentic and memorable experiences. This is exactly what we hope to have€hieved with this trip which spends much of its time away from the main roads preferring to focus instead on village life in the stunning Burmese countryside.
Spending many days primarily on our feet, we’ll take to the hills and visit a wide variety of the ethnic peoples that make up Myanmar (of which the Burmese themselves are only one such group). Each day’s trekking may have its own set of challenges but this is not a trip about “bagging peaks”; rather this is an opportunity for those who prefer a slightly more€tive approach to experiencing a country and are willing to put in the effort required to reach some of the country’s remoter areas.
However, when all is said and done, no visit would be complete without taking in the famed areas of Bagan and Lake Inle and there will be ample time to enjoy these better known highlights too.
### Highlights: ###
* A more€tive approach to visiting this increasingly popular destination
* The chance to visit the rarely visited Keng Tong area of north-eastern Myanmar
* Several days of trekking through villages in Shan State and around Lake Inle
* Experiencing the extraordinary tranquility of Kakku
* The amazing temples at Bagan
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 13 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 13 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport included (Minibuses, motorised canoes & domestic flights)
* 13 nights’€commodation (9 in hotels, 2 in monasteries & 2 in lodges)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust