Few visitors get to see the real India and to truly experience the beauty of the rural landscape away from the crowds that follow the main tourist trail. At Wild Frontiers we like to take clients into the wild heart of India, and witness first-hand the day to day existence of India’s rural population.
This extraordinary odyssey takes you on an in-depth journey through the villages and tribes of the eastern states of Orissa and Chhattisgarh, to visit some of the most interesting temples and isolated people on the subcontinent, before continuing on to Andhra Pradesh. Remote and largely untouched by mass tourism, here you can enjoy India in its most authentic, natural and beautiful way. You will have the chance to visit colourful markets and interact with people whose way of life has remained largely unchanged for generations.
You will also experience the novelty of staying in some fabulous heritage properties and enjoy the sights of Kolkata, one of the country’s most culturally and historically fascinating cities.
### Highlights: ###
* Visit the indigenous tribes of Orissa
* Explore the temples of Bhubaneswar, Konark and Puri
* The fascinating markets at Onukudelli and the Heritage Craft Village of Raghurajpur
* Kolkata, India’s cultural heart and former capital
* Visit the stunning eastern ghats and stay in the Araku Valley
* Hyderabad, the ‘City of Pearls’, visiting Golconda Fort and the tombs of the Qutb Shahi Kings
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 14 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport inlcuding minibuses, 02€ sleeper trains and a domestic flight
* 14 nights’€commodation (12 nights in hotels - including 2 nights in a heritage hotel - and 2 nights on board an overnight train)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust