This fascinating and original tour combines the tribes of Northern Vietnam with the minority peoples of Southern Yunnan.
Starting in Hanoi, a nostalgic city with a relaxed atmosphere of shady boulevards, yellow-painted French-style buildings and lakeside Chinese temples, we will head up into the hills to spend time with the regional tribes. From here we will cross the border and enter China’s Yunnan Province, an enthralling destination: diverse, stunningly beautiful and largely undiscovered.
There are some 25 minority tribes living in this region, many of whom still lead very traditional lifestyles and it is a world away from the increasing urbanisation of many of China’s better known areas. This is a tour that will take us into the unknown as we cross borders and follow rivers where few travellers have been.
### Highlights: ###
* The bustling heart of Hanoi
* The amazing rice terraces of Sapa and Yuanyang
* Visiting the hill tribes of Northern Vietnam
* The diverse tribal groups of Yunnan
* The Sin Ho Sunday Market – a photography feast of colourful outfits
* And the food – an incredible variety of dishes and venues
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 15 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 15 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport (minibuses and coaster buses)
* 15 nights’€commodation (13 nights in small hotels & guesthouses and 2 nights in homestays)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust