Kyrgyzstan, China, Tajikistan & Uzbekistan - This unique Wild Frontiers tour takes you on an epic cultural journey along the Old Silk Road through some of Central Asia’s most spectacular mountains, lively bazaars and ancient towns.
Our aim is to stick as closely as possible to the ancient trade routes even though modern borders and some rough roads do not always make this an easy thing to do! Traversing parts of Kyrgyzstan, China, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, the route offers adventure and culture in equal measure. Riding horses or walking in the mountains by Son Kul Lake or the ancient caravanserai of Tash Rabat will give you a chance to witness the Tien Shan Mountains at their most beautiful. While wandering through the gargantuan sites of Samarkand or sleepy Bukhara, you will be taken back to the heyday of the Silk Road.
For those with a sense of adventure, an interest in history and culture – and a good amount of energy – it is a trip you will remember for a very long time to come.
### Highlights: ###
* The Silk Road Caravanserai of Tash Rabat
* Visiting with the nomads at Son Kul
* The Kashgar Sunday Market
* Travelling the Fergana Valley into Tajikistan
* The stunning sites of Samarkand, Khiva & Bukhara
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 22 breakfasts, 21 lunches, 19 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses, coaster buses, train & domestic flights)
* 22 nights’€commodation (13 nights in hotels, 4 in traditional yurts and 5 nights in homestays)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE SMALL DIFFERENCES TO THE NIGHTSTOPS BETWEEN THE 2018 AND 2019 TOURS. PLEASE REFER TO THE INDIVIDUAL TOUR ITINERARIES FOR THE FULL DETAILS OF EACH DEPARTURE.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust