A land of spectacular diversity, India still manages to excite and enthrall the senses of even the hardiest traveller like few other places on earth. Join us on a journey of discovery through one of its most breathtakingly diverse landscapes, as we travel from the chaotic splendour of its bustling capital, to the very edge of the Great Thar Desert.
After exploring a little something of the Mughal and colonial elegance of Delhi, we head west, towards the timeless landscapes of the Aravalli Hills and the desert cities that lie close to the border with neighbouring Pakistan. We will pass through lands that still reflect the fierce pride and majesty of the Rajput princes, staying in palaces and hunting lodges as we make our way towards the historic cities of Bikaner and Jaisalmer.
We follow in the footsteps of the emperors of old as we ride out by camel to camp beneath the desert sky, and in Jodhpur, the famous ‘Blue City’; we visit the magnificent fortress of Meherangarh, one of India’s most majestic architectural treasures.
### Highlights: ###
* Discover the architectural splendours of Old and New Delhi.
* Explore the Aravalli Hills and travel out to the edge of the Great Thar Desert.
* Visit Jaisalmer & Jodhpur, home to beautiful havelis, intricate Jain temples and the magnificent Meherangarh Fort.
* Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary - home to Indian blue bulls, gazelle and thousands of migratory birds.
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 13 breakfasts, 13 lunches, 13 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport (minibuses, jeeps, trains and the odd camel)
* 13 nights€commodation (9 nights in heritage hotels in Khandela, Nawalgarh, Gajner, Nagaur, Jaisalmer and Jodhpur; 2 nights in a 5 star hotel in Delhi; plus 1 night in a desert camp and 1 night on board an overnight train)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust