This is quite simply the one of the most amazing, original and wild trips we do. Run for the first time in 2006, our small group of intrepid travellers was the first to experience the Kalash winter solstice festival of Chamos and probably one of the first to see the rare snow leopard in the wild.
This is the most important time of year for the Kalash, when life, the gods and ancestors are celebrated in a weeklong party and joining them for their celebrations is a privilege to which very few Westerners are invited. And having liaised with the BBC Planet Earth team as to the whereabouts of the exquisite snow leopard, it was only fitting that on the second day of the tour we watched her all afternoon as she roamed gracefully over the mountainside and as dusk fell, make her kill.
And now with the relatively new Lowari Tunnel making€cess to these hidden valleys all the more€cessible we can now offer this trip without the hassles of the past. So if you are game enough to experience a true adventure you will witness events that will certainly stay with you forever. This is as close to real exploration as us mortals are ever likely to get.
### Highlights: ###
* Enjoy the laid back hospitality of the sleepy mountain town of Chitral
* Spend three nights with the Kalash and enjoying their amazing Winter Festival
* Visit Tushi and Chitral Gol National Park to watch the wild rutting Markhors
* Search for the elusive snow leopards
* Explore the archaeological site of Taxila
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 11 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 10 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport (jeeps, minibus coasters and domestic flights)
* 11 nights’€commodation (8 in hotels, 3 in a local guesthouse)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
Please note that the duration of the tour varies due to flight schedules so please chack individual dossiers for details.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust