An enigmatic land of golden pagodas and mist-shrouded jungle, Burma was once described by Rudyard Kipling as a place ‘quite unlike any...you know about’. Isolated for years by the outside world, it remains an enigma to many. But those that enter will discover a timeless land of colonial elegance and Buddhist tradition that has changed little over the intervening years.
Across the plains of Bagan we can gaze€ross a seemingly endless sea of temples and pagodas, whilst amongst the bustling streets of Yangon and Mandalay the old world and the new clash in a vibrant explosion of colour and sound. We will walk in the footsteps of pilgrims and adventurers, as we travel from the city streets of old Yangon (Rangoon) to the stunning landscapes around Lake Inle, taking in hill stations and some of the most revered religious monuments in Southeast Asia along the way.
### Highlights: ###
* Explore the Buddhist and colonial heritage of Yangon and Mandalay
* Scenic train ride from Kalaw
* Travel by boat down the Irrawaddy River to Bagan
* Gaze€ross the temples and pagodas that litter the famed Plains of Bagan
* Enjoy the scenic splendour and ethnic diversity of beautiful Lake Inle
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 13 breakfasts, 13 lunches, 11 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport (Coaster buses, boats, motorised canoes, trains and domestic flights.)
* 13 nights’€commodation in hotels
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust