Following in the footsteps of E.M Forster’s classic tale, A Passage to India, this wonderful and innovative itinerary takes you from the very edge of the great subcontinent at Mumbai’s Gateway to India, via the famous Buddhist caves of Ellora and Ajanta, a few other WF favourite locations including Amritsar’s stunning [http://www.wildfrontierstravel.com/en_GB/guide-to-visiting-the-golden-temple| Golden Temple] and on to the beautiful Vale of Kashmir.
On this trip you will witness many of India’s most inspiring monuments – including the Taj Mahal and the Golden Temple – whilst visiting some of her most colourful cities and enjoying some of her serene and mellow villages. It is a trip that has something for everyone including staying in some awe inspiring palaces and forts
At Wild Frontiers we pride ourselves on being able to produce a tour that is not only different but exciting as well…in our Passage to India itinerary, we believe we have done just that.
### Highlights: ###
* Mumbai and the Gateway to India
* UNESCO listed Buddhist caves at Ellora and Ajanta
* Agra Fort and the Taj Mahal
* Amritsar and the Golden Temple
* The tranquil lakes of Kashmir
* PLEASE NOTE THAT THE 14 APRIL 2017 PASSAGE TO INDIA DEPARTURE RUNS OVER THE EASTER WEEKEND AND MAY BANK HOLIDAY. TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS WE HAVE EXTENDED THIS DEPARTURE TO AN 18 DAY TOUR. THE ADDITIONAL DAYS WILL BE SPENT IN SRINAGAR AND DELHI. PLEASE REFER TO THE SPECIFIC TOUR DOSSIER FOR FULL DETAILS.
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 15 breakfasts, 16 lunches, 16 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* On this tour we will use domestic flights, trains, mini-bus coasters and jeeps
* 15 nights’€commodation (12 nights in hotels - of which 5 nights are in heritage hotels in Maheshwar and Jhalawar and 1 night in a 5 star hotel in Delhi - and 3 nights aboard the Royal houseboats in Srinagar)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust