Mongolia, with its vast steppes and open skies, its magnificent mountains and equine tradition, really is the quintessential land of the horse trek. On this tour we will visit the cultural city of Ulaanbaatar before being whisked away to the majestic north of the country and the southern fringes of the Siberian Taiga; a land of mountains, lakes and shamans.
Having saddled up onto our Mongolian steeds, we will ride off into the mountains and lush green meadows, passing through nomadic Mongol family encampments where we shall stop and enjoy their local hospitality. This is a region of dramatic landscapes, of snow-capped mountains, turquoise rivers, beautiful lakes in the great meadow of Darkhad Valley, where few foreigners venture.
We plan to visit with a famed local shaman - who will be known to anyone who has read ’The Horse Boy’ by Rupert Isaacson - in his tee-pee (similar to the Indian tee-pees) and witness him at work conjuring up the spirits before then returning to Ulaanbaatar. A trip that will inspire and open your eyes to the uninterrupted wilderness of a beautiful country dotted with beautiful and generous people.
### Highlights: ###
* Exploring the cultural city of Ulaanbaatar
* Camping in the Mongolian wilderness under stars and clear skies
* Visiting with shamans
* Discover the epic Mongolian landscape on horseback as Genghis once did
* Experience the hospitality of the nomadic Mongols
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 15 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 14 dinners (typically in local restaurants but while on the ride, we will have a camp cook)
* All transport (4WD, domestic flights and horses)
* 14 nights’€commodation (3 in hotels, 8 in tents, 2 in ger camps and 1 in a communal teepee)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust