Trip reference number: MUY
Trip Operator: Wild Frontiers
With its rich legacy of Aztec, Mayan and Spanish Colonial architecture, Mexico is perhaps unsurprisingly home to more UNESCO World Heritage sites than any other country in the Americas. On this epic journey which travels from Mexico City in the Central Highlands through the rainforests of Chiapas to the coastline of the Yucatan, we’ll not only have ample opportunities to visit several of these sites (some well-known, others less so) but also to experience the incredible diversity of landscapes, climate and peoples of this fascinating southern half of the country.
A world away from the tourist resorts of€apulco and Cancun lies a Mexico that is all too often unseen and that is richer in traditional culture than many of its smaller Central American neighbours.
In addition we will experience the unforgettable Day of The Dead festivities. With more time than on many of our other trips factored in for rest, relaxation and personal exploration, this trip will also serve as a great holiday for those seeking some sun in combination with a highly rewarding travel experience. Mexico has it all in abundance.
### Highlights: ###
* Travelling overland from the Central Highlands to the Atlantic Coast
* Visiting some of Mexico’s better known Mayan sites such as Monte Alban, Palenque and Chichen Itza as well as some lesser known ones such as Yaxchilan and Bonampak.
* Marvelling at the colonial elegance of Oaxaca, San Cristobal, Campeche and Merida
* Discovering the natural beauty and wildlife of Chiapas at Las Guacamayas
* Witnessing the diverse and vibrant culture of Mexico’s indigenas and mestizos populations
* Experiencing the unforgettable Day of The Dead festivities
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 15 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 11 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses and boats)
* 15 nights’€commodation (11 in comfortable hotels, 1 in a simpler hotel, 3 in a jungle eco-lodge)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust