Landlocked and laid-back, Laos has always been considered one of the hidden gems of Southeast Asia. Located in the heart of Indochina, it has somehow managed to avoid the touristic attention received by neighbouring Cambodia and Vietnam, and remains untouched by modern demands. Its beauty lies in the gentle Lao people, century-old heritage, and its lush, pristine landscapes. It’s a land of mountains, mists and untamed natural beauty, making it one of the few unspoilt destinations in the region.
This trip showcases the hidden charms of Laos, from its rich paddy fields, fertile valleys and striking mountains to the mighty Mekong River. Visiting enigmatic sites such as the Plain of Jars, remote caves crammed full of Buddhist icons, thought-provoking community projects and a plethora of natural wonders, we’ll explore every facet of this fascinating country.
### Highlights: ###
* Savouring the romantic atmosphere of UNESCO World Heritage town Luang Prabang
* Exploring the enigmatic site of Phonsavan’s Plain of Jars
* Visiting indigenous villages and walking in Laos’ remote central areas
* Navigating through the waters of the spectacular 7km long Kong Lor Cave
* The natural beauty of Southern Laos and the “4000 islands” region
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 13 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 13 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport (minibuses, boats and tuk tuks).
* 14 nights’€commodation (11 in hotels, 1 in Guest Houses and 2 in Lodges)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust