Far from the bustling streets of Cairo and the packed temples of the Nile Valley, lies one of Egypt’s best-kept secrets. Beyond the great cataracts of Upper Egypt, amongst the deserts landscapes of ancient Nubia, we find one of the most unspoiled and breathtaking settings in Africa. Lake Nasser is one of the world’s most expansive stretches of water, with a coastline covering more than 7,800 kilometres.
Refreshingly devoid of tourists, its deserts and shoreline are home to Nile crocodiles, ancient temples and over 100 species of birds and this fascinating adventure takes us deep into its captivating heart. Travelling aboard a small private safari boat and with the option to sleep out under the stars, we will discover ancient Pharaonic temples and prehistoric graffiti, trek€ross golden dunes and swim in clear waters that are filled with Nile perch and tiger fish.
With an opportunity to explore the bustling streets of Aswan and visit the spectacular World Heritage setting of Abu Simbel, this remarkable journey encompasses some of the most sublimely beautiful and culturally diverse landscapes anywhere in Egypt.
### Highlights: ###
* Explore Aswan, one of the most culturally diverse cities in Egypt.
* Negotiate the serene landscapes of Lake Nasser aboard our private safari boat.
* Trek through the desert landscapes and discover hidden gens among the waterways.
* Sleep out under the stars upon the waters of Lake Nasser, far from the crowds
* See the stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site of Abu Simbel
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* On this tour we will travel on the boat itself while there will be standard mini-bus transport in Aswan and back from Abu Simbel.
* 8 nights’€commodation (3 in hotels & 5 on board a safari boat)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
*A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust