Kyrgyzstan is quite simply one of the most beautiful countries on earth. The Tien Shan or “Mountains of Heaven” that stretch€ross its length and breadth are lush and green, high and wild and are dissected by sweeping steppe lands, primal forests, crystal streams and turquoise lakes. And far away, scratching the belly of the endless sky is a never-changing vista of lofty snow-capped peaks. With 90% of the country lying above 1500m this is very much a destination for lovers of epic mountain scenery and this new comprehensive “Kyrgyzstan only” trip has been a long time coming and seeks to do justice to one of our favourite countries.
From the beautiful alpine scenery of Sary Chelek and the ancient walnut forests of Arslanbob to the dramatic Silk Road valley of Tash Rabat and the endless grasslands that surround Son Kul, we’ll not only be endlessly awed by the stunning landscapes of the “Switzerland of Central Asia” but in addition we’ll meet the nomads who call this land home and who are amongst the most welcoming people on the planet.
### Highlights: ###
* Gazing in awe at the striking alpine scenery of Sary Chelek
* Walking through the ancient walnuts forests of Arslanbob
* Seeing relics of the Silk Road at Tash Rabat with its medieval caravanserai
* Experiencing nomadic hospitality in yurts at Son Kul lake
* Taking day walks amidst some of the world’s most amazing mountain scenery
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 14 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses and our feet)
* 14 nights’€commodation (3 nights in guesthouses, 5 in traditional yurts, 5 in homestays and 1 night wild camping)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust