Kashmir – that centuries old holiday idyll that was the playground of both the Moghuls and the British – offers some of the most pristine and wonderful countryside anywhere on the subcontinent. Oft quoted as being “an earthly paradise” Srinagar and its environs provide the perfect backdrop to this trip which sees us exploring beyond the city limits and heading out into the hills and waterways of the Vale.
From our initial base on Dal Lake, we’ll leave our houseboats and take a relaxing water-journey to Manasbal and Walur Lakes on a route that was first plaid by the Moghul rulers in the seventeenth century, and then by the Brits two hundred years later. We’ll travel by shikara (small wooden gondala-type boats) and stay in comfortable mobile camps which we will also use when meeting members of the local Gujara tribe and taking walks among the Himalayan foothills in the Sonamarg region.
This relaxed tour of Kashmir, will be perfect for anyone wanting to have an adventure but also wanting to unwind and explore this amazing place both in comfort and at a slow and steady pace.
### Highlights: ###
* Exploring the streets and historical sights of the fabled city of Srinagar
* Staying in wonderful houseboats on both Dal and Nagin Lakes
* Taking a wonderful water journey by shikara (small wooden gondala-type boats)
* Staying in comfortable fully-serviced mobile camps
* Walk in the glorious Himalayan foothills
### Tour Includes: ###
* The full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader, local guides and drivers.
* 10 breakfasts, 10 lunches & 10 dinners in local restaurants where viable.
* All transport (minibus, shikaras (small wooden gondala-type boats) & domestic flights)
* 10 nights’€comodation (2 in very comfortable hotels, 4 on comfortable houseboats & 4 in a comfortable fully-serviced mobile camp)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust