The fabled lost city of Petra needs no introduction… hidden away in the heart of the Jordanian desert for centuries, Petra obtained a mythical status with much speculation as to whether it existed at all. When the Swiss explorer Burckhardt befriended the local Bedouins in 1812, he ’discovered’ the magical city, and it finally became known to the western world.
However there is much more to Jordan than just Petra and on this diverse trip we’ll enjoy a incredible variety of experiences. Whether it’s exploring the superbly preserved ancient streets of Roman Jerash or camping under a canopy of stars in the red desert sands of Lawrence’s Wadi Rum; or whether it’s floating in the magical waters of the Dead Sea and staying with local villagers in the northern hills, Jordan has so much to offer anyone who has ever dreamt of travelling to this Middle Eastern gem.
### Highlights: ###
* Exploring the ruins of Roman Jerash
* Staying with local villagers in the north of the country
* Walking in the stunning Dana Nature Reserve
* Camping in the deserts of Wadi Rum
* 2 full days to explore the lost city of Petra
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses, 4WDs)
* 9 nights’€commodation (6 in hotels, 2 nights in homestay/guesthouse€commodation and 1 night in a fixed Bedouin camp)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust