An ever-increasing number of holiday-makers are coming to Kerala, India’s most literate state, to enjoy its wonderful beaches and legendary hospitality.
However there is so much more to this diverse area than many of its visitors ever realise and this trip aims to dip below the surface of Keralan society to discover something of its food, its traditions and its artistic contributions, be that in dance, craftwork or even its own unique martial art, kalarippayattu.
Neighbouring Karnataka is much less visited and yet within its southern region can be found some of the subcontinent’s most impressive temples and sculptures dating back over 800 years. Dividing these two states are the Western Ghats, an imposing ridge of strikingly beautiful mountains which we will explore from both Wayanad on the Keralan side and a coffee and spice plantation in Coorg on the Karnatakan side.
This is a great trip for those that demand more of their trips that just sun, sea and sand. Come and discover the true delights of two of South India’s most welcoming states.
For further information about the region, read our handy [http://www.wildfrontierstravel.com/en_GB/guide-to-south-india | guide to South India].
### Highlights: ###
* Discover the stunningly ornate carvings of the Hoysala temples near Mysore
* Stay on a coffee and spice plantation in the rolling hills of Karnataka’s Coorg region
* Experience local culture with village visits and introductions to their traditional arts
* Enjoy a boat and jeep Safari in the Nagarahole National Park
* Explore the Keralan Backwaters for two nights by traditional houseboat
* Realise there is much more to Kerala than just a stunning coastline!
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 13 breakfasts, 13 lunches, 12 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport (minibuses & boats)
* 13 nights€commodation (6 in hotels, 2 in houseboats, 4 in resorts & 1 in an eco-lodge)
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust