Ladakh lies on the Tibetan Plateau and is the highest, least populated and most inaccessible region in all India. It is a striking destination, home to many Tibetan Buddhists and its capital, Leh, is often referred to as a “Little Lhasa”. Fascinating in its own right, it is the overland route to Leh from the lowland town of Manali that draws travellers from all over the world, being renowned as one of the world’s most spectacular road journeys. Crossing four Himalayan Mountain passes (including the 5,400m Taglang La), this epic journey will literally take your breath away!
Ascend from the verdant foothills of Himachal Pradesh to the snow-capped mountains of Ladakh, passing stunning vistas all the way, from where we’ll venture further north to the remote Nubra Valley. In addition we’ll journey on the UNESCO World Heritage Toy Train to Shimla, the summer capital during the British Raj and spend time in McLeod Ganj, the Dalai Lama’s home.
This is a big trip in every sense of the word and one that will be sure to stay with you for many years to come.
### Highlights: ###
* Experience Delhi, India’s vibrant and bustling capital
* Travel along the Leh-Manali highway, one of the world’s most spectacular road journeys
* Explore the remote Nubra Valley with its intriguing Bactrian Camels
* Discover fascinating McLeod Ganj, the home of the Dalai Lama
* Journey on the UNESCO World Heritage Toy Train to Shimla
* Enjoy a breathtaking Himalayan mountain flight
### Tour includes: ###
* The full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides & drivers
* 16 breakfasts, 14 lunches & 16 dinners
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport (minibuses, autos, a 2nd class air-conditioned sleeper train, a World Heritage Toy Train and a domestic flight.)
* 16 nights€comodation (hotels and fixed camps)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust