Very few visitors get to experience the day-to-day beauty of rural India, focusing instead on the well-known monuments of the crowded urban centres. At Wild Frontiers we also like to head into the heart of India.
On this, our most in-depth Village India tour, you probably won’t recognise many of the locations, but don’t let that be a worry as you’ll become totally immersed in rural life. We’ll stay in many beautiful places, witnessing and taking part in the life of local people, visiting fascinating temples and forts and camping by a lake. It’s a trip into Kipling’s India of our childhood imagination: a gentle land of bullock carts and bicycles, of elegant sari-clad women carrying water urns from wells, of turbaned men working in the fields, of wandering elephants and their€companying sadhus.
This is a journey on which you will see few other tourists and that will stay with you forever.
### Highlights: ###
* Castle Bijaipur and surrounding villages
* Fixed tents by Pangarh Lake
* A night as guests of a Maharaja
* The atmospheric town of Bundi
* Three nights at Ahilya, one of the most wonderful fort hotels in India
* CHANDRABHAGA CATTLE FAIR DEPARTURES ARE 15 DAYS LONG AS THEY SPEND AN EXTRA DAY IN JHALAWAR FOR THE FESTIVAL *
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 13 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 13 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport Included (minibus and open-sided jeeps)
* 13 nights€commodation (8 in hotels, 4 in villas and 1 in a fixed tented camp)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust