Very few visitors get to experience the day-to-day beauty of rural India, focusing instead on the well-known monuments of the crowded urban centres. At Wild Frontiers we believe the time has come to head into the heart of India.
On this, our most in-depth Village India tour, you will probably not recognise many of the locations, but don’t let that be a worry as you will become totally immersed in rural life, staying in many beautiful places, witnessing and taking part in the life of the locals, visiting fascinating temples and forts, and camping by lotus filled lakes.
It is a trip into Kipling’s India of our childhood imagination: a gentle land of bullock carts and bicycles, of elegant sari-clad women carrying water urns from the wells, or turbaned men working in the fields, of wandering elephants and their€companying sadhus. This is a journey on which you will rarely see another westerner and will get into your soul and stay with you forever.
### Highlights: ###
* Castle Bijaipur and surrounding villages
* Fixed tents by Pangarh Lake
* A night as guests of a Maharaja
* The atmospheric town of Bundi
* Three nights at Ahilya, one of the most wonderful fort hotels in India
*THE 30 OCTOBER 2017 CHANDRABHAGA CATTLE FAIR DEPARTURE TRAVELS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO NORMAL (I.E. FROM INDORE TO UDAIPUR RATHER THAN FROM UDAIPUR TO INDORE) *
* PLEASE NOTE: THE 15 NOVEMBER 2018 CHANDRABHAGA CATTLE FAIR DEPARTURE IS AN EXTRA DAY LONG (15 DAYS) AS IT SPENDS AN EXTRA DAY IN JHALAWAR FOR THE FESTIVAL *
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 13 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 13 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport Included (minibus and open-sided jeeps)
* 13 nights€commodation (8 in hotels, 4 in villas and 1 in a fixed tented camp)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust