For more than a decade the holiday Mecca of Kashmir was considered out of bounds. Not any more! Since 2005, we have been running trips here with great success. Of all our trips to Kashmir, this is one of our favourites, including as it does a visit to neighbouring Ladakh with its strong Tibetan Buddhist influences.
Starting with an epic flight over the Himalayas to Leh, we will first visit ancient palaces, forts and monasteries of the Indus Valley where we will also be able to see rural life in the old Silk Road kingdom of Ladakh. From here we will visit the remote Nubra Valley over the world’s highest driveable pass before heading on what is generally regarded as one of the most spectacular roads in the whole Himalaya - via Lamayuru and the Zanskar Valley - to Srinagar and its beautiful alpine mountains and lakes. This itinerary is perfect for those with a real sense of adventure!
* Please note that the Hemis and Dakhthok Tsechu festival departures are 1 day longer than standard departures
### Highlights: ###
* Experience Delhi, India’s vibrant and bustling capital
* Take in the stunning views on an epic flight over the Himalayas
* Explore the remote Nubra Valley with its intriguing Bactrian Camels
* Drive the highest mountain pass in the world - the Khardung La
* Relax on the houseboats of Kashmir
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 13 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (land cruisers, minibuses, boat & internal flights)
* 14 nights’€commodation (in hotels, houseboats & fixed camps)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust