Village India - Gujarat is a dazzlingly diverse state that shakes up even the experienced Indophile and reveals treasures hidden from the tourist hordes. With a 1600km coastline and an easily traversable landscape, it is both highly advanced and medievally tribal. The highly visible Jain community are largely responsible for Gujarat’s industrious reputation, stunning white marble temples and exquisite, ever-so-slightly sweet vegetarian fare.
In the northwest, the seasonal marshlands of Kutch turn into hardened salt plains come summer and, in the Little Rann - habitat of the wild ass and flocks of flamingos - local artisans weave the finest textiles in India.
On this Village India tour, you see the very best of this undiscovered state, from the surreal Rann of Kutch and the ancient town of Bhuj to tribal Poshina, the UNESCO World Heritage site of Champaner and you climb Shatrunjaya, to a mountain-top marvel of Jain architecture.
And of course you spend time in the capital city of Ahmedabad, home to Mahatma Gandhi’s ashram and the world’s finest textile museum. For anyone with a love of ’off-the-beaten-track’ travel, textiles, shopping and rural India, this trip is a must.
### Highlights: ###
* The unique marshlands of the Rann of Kutch
* UNESCO World Heritage site at Champaner
* Tribal Indian life
* Some of the greatest textiles on earth
* The climb up to the Jain temples in Palitana
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches & 14 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (Jeeps & Minibuses)
* 14 nights’€commodation (7 in Hotels, 2 in Heritage Homes, 1 in a Beach Tent, 2 in Eco Resorts & 2 in Eco Camps)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust