Starting our journey in the UNESCO World Heritage town of Luang Prabang, we experience the highlights of Laos, from this ancient royal capital to the stunning natural beauty of the southern “4000 islands” region. This often overlooked country continues to retain its traditional character and charm, and is one of our favourites in Southeast Asia.
Continuing overland to Cambodia, we’ll not only venture out onto the mighty Mekong to spot Irrawaddy Dolphins but we’ll also spend time slowly exploring on two wheels the rural tranquillity of the Kratie region. Next we’ll journey to Siem Reap to visit the magnificent temple complexes of Angkor, before finishing in Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s riverside capital. Here we’ll learn more about Cambodia’s modern history, as well as its crumbling colonial past.
This promises to be a fascinating journey through Laos and Cambodia’s past and present, offering magnificent scenery, stunning sights, friendly locals and amazing food!
Please see individual dossiers for departures scheduled to incorporate the Water & Moon Festival in Phnom Penh.
### Highlights: ###
* The UNESCO World Heritage town of Luang Prabang
* The natural beauty of Southern Laos and the “4000 islands” region
* Dolphin viewing in the Mekong River
* Angkor Wat and Cambodia’s rich Khmer legacy
* The sights of Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s riverside capital city
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 12 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses, boats, domestic flights and bicycles)
* 14 nights’€commodation (8 in hotels, 2 in a river resort and 2 in villas)
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust