For the committed Indiaphile Central India has it all. Often overlooked in favour of the more tourist-friendly regions to the north and south, the centre of the country offers a magical mix of experiences well off the beaten track.
Starting in Mumbai we take the train to Aurangabad and visit the famous Buddhist caves of Ellora and Ajanta before heading south to the jewel of India’s southern crown, Hyderabad. From here we travel to the 15th-17th century sites of Bijapur, Badami and Pattadakal, before heading south to Hampi - the gem of Karnataka’s ruined cities. And after all that – a journey that will have shown a plethora of UNESCO World Heritage Sites - we enjoy our final two nights on the coast in Goa.
The€commodation is memorable, the cuisine is delicious, and the route will have you feeling like real travellers.
### Highlights: ###
* Mumbai’s historical architecture, the Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghat and the Dharavi slum
* Hyderabad, the fabulous ‘City of Pearls’, with drinks at the Taj Falaknuma Palace
* The Buddhist caves at Ajanta and Ellora
* Exploring the stunning ruins of Hampi
* Relax on the beaches around Goa
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 12 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* On this tour we will use day and overnight trains, mini-bus coasters, and auto rickshaws
* 14 nights’€commodation (12 nights in hotels, 1 night in a guest house and 1 night on board an overnight train)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust