Like many of the destinations we offer, Haiti is a country which is widely perceived in a negative light. But look a little deeper or talk to anyone who has€tually been there and you will soon realise that the reality of what you are likely to experience on the ground promises something very different.
Beyond the obvious appeal of a largely undeveloped Caribbean coastline, Haiti lays claim to a unique history in being the first independent black republic and as such has a distinctive legacy of not only art, music and voodoo but also – and to the surprise of many – the largest and most spectacular fort in the whole Caribbean. Add to that a backdrop of stunning mountains just waiting to be explored, idyllic waterfalls that look like they’ve been photo-shopped and some of the most-welcoming people in the Caribbean and you have a destination which is primed to defy expectations.
This unique tour offers the best of Haiti including classic sights such as La Citadelle and Bassin Bleu but in true Wild Frontiers tradition we aim to get below the surface of this relatively unknown country as we traverse La Visite National Park in local style “rhino” jeeps, go whale and dolphin-watching, relax on pristine beaches and spend 2 days in the remote hills taking day walks and staying with local families. Now is the time to visit Haiti and to discover its charms before the masses come…
### Highlights: ###
* The UNESCO World Heritage fort of La Citadelle – the largest fort in the Caribbean
* The stunning mountain scenery of La Visite National Park
* Dolphin and whale watching from Petit Goave
* Walks and homestays in the Central Plateau
* Beautiful waterfalls, beaches and snorkelling opportunities
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 10 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 10 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses, 4WD, boats and feet)
* 10 nights’€commodation (4 in hotels, 4 in beach resorts and 2 in basic homestays)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust