The once ancient kingdom of Colchis, Georgia has long been linked with the Greek legends attributed to Jason and his band of Argonauts. Sandwiched between the Caucasus Mountains and the Black Sea, this mythical land today provides us with one of the last hidden gems left in Europe.
This journey takes you from its charming capital, Tbilisi and through forested valleys and snow-capped mountains, where ancient cave towns and clustered rural villages, rich in heritage that can trace its origins back to late antiquity.
You will visit some of Georgia’s most famous and important religious sites including Mtskheta and Gelati, as well as the stunning cave town of Vardzia. You’ll also pay a visit to Gori, birthplace of Joseph Stalin, and journey into the World Heritage landscapes of Upper Svaneti to trek amongst the villages and mountains of one of the last untouched regions of Eastern Europe.
### Highlights: ###
* The historic old town of Tbilisi
* Troglodyte cave towns of Vardzia
* A night on the Black Sea in Batumi
* More UNESCO sites than you can shake a stick at
* The remote desert monastery complex at Davit Gareja
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches, 13 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport (minibuses/coaster bus, 4WDs)
* 14 nights’€commodation (8 in hotels, 4 nights in a traditional guesthouses and 2 nights in a private cottage)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust