Georgia’s beauty is legendary and takes many forms. From the cobbled streets and hidden squares of old Tbilisi to the rock hewn monasteries at Vardzia and the breathtaking Caucasus mountains, it is a varied destination and bound to delight even the most hardened of travellers.
This trip takes in the highlights of the country along with some of the lesser known gems, allowing you to explore ancient churches, wander through picturesque mountain towns, marvel at the opulence of the Georgian State Museum and sip world-class wine in the vineyards of Kakheti. There’ll also be the opportunity to drive a newly repaired stunning route through the Lower Caucasus to Akhalsikhe from Tbilisi and also to visit the remote Davit Gareja desert complex, near the border with Azerbaijan.
Add to this mouth-watering cuisine, friendly locals and great hospitality and you have the makings of a truly memorable trip.
### Highlights: ###
* The historic old town of Tbilisi
* Troglodyte cave towns of Vardzia & Uplistsikhe
* Homestays with Georgian families
* More UNESCO sites than you can shake a stick at
* The remote desert monastery complex at Davit Gareja
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses)
* 8 nights’€commodation (4 in hotels, 3 in guesthouses, 1 night in a local homestay )
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust