As the sun sets on the distant horizon, a dahabiya glides gently€ross the calm waters towards the shore - its sails reflecting the warm glow of the afternoon sun. It is a scene as timeless as the Nile itself… This incredible journey down the Nile is a voyage of discovery in the truest sense of the word, encompassing not only the magnificent monuments of the ancients, but also the little explored heritage of the ordinary Egyptians.
Travelling in style aboard a privately chartered sandal or dahabiya (the boat we use is dependant upon the overall group size), we follow the fertile ribbon of the Nile as it weaves from the ancient city of Thebes, deep into the southern boundaries of Upper Egypt. We follow in the wake of European adventurers who came here to satisfy their curiosity and greed, visiting the temple complexes of Karnak and Edfu, exploring tombs in the Valley of the Kings and the bustling markets of Aswan. But more than this, we will also get a chance to explore something of the ‘real’ Egypt, making the most of our flexibility and freedom to escape the tourist trail and visit the remote villages that line the banks of the Nile.
This is an Egypt that has essentially remained unchanged for millennia, its people living their lives much as their ancestors did centuries ago. This is an Egypt that the tomb raiders couldn’t steal.
### Highlights: ###
* Karnak Temple and Valley of the Kings and Queens, Luxor
* 4 nights on board a private Sandal or Dahabiya Nile cruise boat (the boat we use depends upon the overall group size)
* Ancient temples and archaeological sites along the Nile, including Esna, Edfu and Komombo
* Village walks along the Nile
* Historical sites of Aswan and an overnight stay in Abu Simbel
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses, tuc tucs and a privately chartered traditional dahabiya or sandal Nile cruiseboat)
* 9 nights’€commodation (4 in hotels, 4 onboard a privately chartered sandal or dahabiya boat, and 1 in a local guesthouse)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust