While Cambodia may be most famous for the Angkor Temples at Siem Reap, there is lots more to explore in this endlessly fascinating country.
This comprehensive tour starts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s riverside capital and travels lesser known routes out to the jungles of Mondulkiri to spend time at an elephant rescue project, and then on to Kratie on the mighty Mekong River to see the rare Irrawaddy dolphins. During the trip we’ll take in remote Preah Vihear, off limits for years and easily the most dramatically located temple in Cambodia. And we also visit colonial Battambang, and the ruins of Angkor Wat (of course).
There will be a number of walking opportunities and lots of chances to interact with the wonderful people of Cambodia, all of whom will have their own unique story to tell about life under the Khmer Rouge. This trip offers the best opportunity to get under the skin of this amazing country and see a wide variety of its landscapes, wildlife and ancient monuments, as well as experience daily life and one of Asia’s most exotic cuisines.
### Highlights: ###
* Visiting remote Preah Vihear Temple on the Thai border
* The sights of Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s riverside capital city
* Visiting the Elephant Valley Project in Mondulkiri
* Spotting rare Irrawaddy dolphins at Kratie
* Exploring Angkor and its spectacular temples
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 13 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 12 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* All transport included (Minibuses, boats, bicycle & foot)
* 13 nights€commodation (11 in hotels & 2 in resorts)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust