Spanning cultures and continents, Armenia lies at the heart of the Caucasus, its ancient monasteries and candlelit churches standing silent sentinel over centuries of conflict and religious devotion. Watched over by the biblical heights of Mount Ararat, its mountains and forests play host to a stunning collection of ecclesiastical treasures, from the beautiful cathedral at Echmiadzin, to the serene majesty of the Khor Virap and Tatev Monasteries.
This incredible journey takes us into the heart of this remarkable country, offering us a chance to discover the very soul of Armenia as we travel from its bustling capital and deep into the mountain landscapes. Along the way we will explore remote fortresses and ancient caravanserais and breathe in the spectacular landscapes of the Dilijan National Park and the Debed Canyon. Deeply religious, staunchly traditional and steeped in the bloody passage of history, Armenia is emerging as one of Europe’s most fascinating destinations.
### Highlights: ###
* Explore the monasteries of Khor Virap, Noravank and Tatev
* Visit Armenia’s spiritual heart of Echmiadzin and its stunning cathedral
* Venture into the disputed mountainous region of Nagorno Karabagh
* The stunning landscapes of Armenia’s ‘Switzerland’ and the historic valleys of the Debed Canyon
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses)
* 8 nights’€commodation (6 in hotels, 2 nights in a rural resthouse)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust