Castle Bijaipur is a charming heritage hotel. Situated in the heart of the spectacular Aravali Hills of Rajasthan and surrounded by forests of tamarisk, unspoiled rural villages, lakes and ancient temples; it is the perfect location for walks, horse rides, painting, bird watching or simple relaxation. At Wild Frontiers we consider this our slightly smarter but equally charming version of the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel as depicted in the 2012 film.
Facilities on offer include a swimming pool, a masseur, bicycles and a stable full of beautiful Marwari horses. Yoga (suitable for beginners as well as the more advanced) is on offer every day to help you unwind, and the beautiful lake city of Udaipur is only a couple of hours away. Besides the delights of the castle, this trip is all about exploring rural India from the comfort of the same place; a gentle land of bullock carts and bicycles, of elegant sari-clad women carrying water urns from the wells, or turbaned men working in the fields, of wandering elephants and€companying sadhus.
Most trips to India rush from one place to another with barely enough time to see the sights, never mind experience the living culture. All in all, this makes for one of our favourite trips and the perfect way to enjoy a well-earned Christmas break.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS AVAILABLE WITH JET AIRWAYS FROM LONDON HEATHROW FOR THE 2017 CHRISTMAS DEPARTURE. THESE FLIGHTS COST £895 PER PERSON. PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL FARE *
* PLEASE NOTE THAT THE 2018 DEPARTURE TRAVELS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO THE 2017 DEPARTURE *
### Highlights: ###
* Castle Bijaipur and surrounding villages
* Tented camp by a lotus lake
* Yoga, cooking lessons, bikes and horses
* Agra and the Taj Mahal
* The historical sites of Delhi
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 14 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* On this tour we will use trains, boats, jeeps and mini-bus coasters
* 14 nights€commodation in hotels - including 2 nights in a 5 star hotel in Delhi, 10 nights in a heritage hotel, 1 night in a lakeside fixed camp and 1 night on board an overnight train
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust