Castle Bijaipur is a charming heritage hotel. Situated in the heart of the spectacular Aravali Hills of Rajasthan and surrounded by forests of tamarisk, unspoiled rural villages, lakes and ancient temples; it is the perfect location for walks, horse rides, painting, bird watching or simple relaxation. At Wild Frontiers we consider this our slightly smarter but equally charming version of the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel as depicted in the 2012 film.
Facilities on offer include a swimming pool, a masseur, bicycles and a stable full of beautiful Marwari horses. Yoga (suitable for beginners as well as the more advanced) is on offer every day to help you unwind, and the beautiful lake city of Udaipur is only a couple of hours away. Besides the delights of the castle, this trip is all about exploring rural India from the comfort of the same place; a gentle land of bullock carts and bicycles, of elegant sari-clad women carrying water urns from the wells, or turbaned men working in the fields, of wandering elephants and€companying sadhus.
Most trips to India rush from one place to another with barely enough time to see the sights, never mind experience the living culture. All in all, this makes for one of our favourite trips and the perfect way to enjoy a well-earned Christmas break.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING A £100 DISCOUNT OFF THIS TRIP WHEN BOOKING DIRECT RETURN FLIGHTS AS PART OF OUR GROUP ALLOCATION FROM LONDON HEATHROW WITH JET AIRWAYS, GIVING A TOTAL DISCOUNTED PRICE OF £3,420 (EXCLUDING SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS). THERE ARE A LIMITED NUMBER OF PLACES AVAILABLE SO PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE FOR MORE DETAILS
* PLEASE NOTE THAT THE 21 DECEMBER 2019 DEPARTURE IS 14 DAYS LONG AND DOES NOT VISIT DELHI AND AGRA, SPENDING TIME IN MUMBAI AND UDAIPUR INSTEAD - PLEASE REFER TO THE TOUR ITINERARY FOR MORE INFORMATION
### Highlights: ###
* Castle Bijaipur and surrounding villages
* Tented camp by a lotus lake
* Yoga, cooking lessons, bikes and horses
* Agra and the Taj Mahal
* The historical sites of Delhi
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 14 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* On this tour we will use trains, boats, jeeps and mini-bus coasters
* 14 nights€commodation in hotels - including 3 nights in a 4/5 star hotel in Delhi and Agra, 9 nights in a heritage hotel, 1 night in a lakeside fixed camp and 1 night on board an overnight train
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust