Few places on earth can match the grandeur of the epic scenery encountered on this unique itinerary. Travelling along sections of two of the world’s most scenic drives – the Pamir and Karakoram Highways - we’ll not only meet the varied ethnic groups who call this lofty world home, but we’ll also witness the incredible diversity of some of the planet’s most famous ranges including the Pamirs, the Karakorum’s and the Hindu Kush.
Crossing remote borders between Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Western China, and Pakistan, we’ll reach passes of 4800m and find ourselves in the stunning Hunza Valley (often referred to as Shangri La) with views of 7000m peaks all around. Following in the footsteps of ancient Silk Road traders we’ll experience the bustling Sunday market in Kashgar and be amongst the few visitors these days to experience northern Pakistan’s timeless beauty. This is very much a trip of a lifetime.
### Highlights: ###
* Driving the Pamir Highway & Karakoram Highways
* Homestays and pastoral life of the High Pamirs
* Stunning views of Lenin Peak from Sary Tash
* The hustle and bustle of Kashgar’s Sunday Market
* Marvelling at the grandeur of Pakistan’s stunning Hunza Valley
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 20 breakfasts, 19 lunches, 19 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (4WD’s, minibuses, domestic flight)
* 20 nights’€commodation ( 16 in hotels, 1 local guesthouse, 3 in homestays with communal facilities)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price|
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust