In Afghanistan’s distant north-eastern corner lies the Wakhan corridor. This narrow strip of land once formed the buffer zone between the British and Russian Empires and was of immense strategic importance during the 19th century Great Game. Today the area is inhabited predominantly by Wakhi herdsmen and is not only remote and peaceful, but is also blessed with some of the finest mountain scenery the world has to offer.
From Dushanbe in Tajikistan, we will first travel into the Tajik Pamir to witness life here before heading to the Afghan border and into the Wakhan Valley. We will make our way slowly up the valley, visiting villages, taking some day walks and enjoying some traditional Afghan hospitality. We will stay in basic guesthouses throughout our time in Afghanistan as we discover the delights of this famed region.
This is a trip right out there on the edge of civilisation: we will find no mobile reception, internet€cess or even electricity for the most part! What we will experience here though takes us back to another century when people lived in a very different way - unlike so many you hear about, this trip is a true adventure of a life time.
### Highlights: ###
* Being one of the few to have visited Afghanistan’s Wakhan Corridor
* Staying in a Tajik homestay
* Enjoying the hospitality of the Wakhi people
* Exploring a beautiful & remote area without needing to camp
* Driving along the famous Pamir Highway
* Phenomenal views of both the Hindu Kush and the Pamir Mountain ranges
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 18 breakfasts,18 lunches, 18 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses and 4x4’s)
* 19 nights’€commodation (all in hotels and traditional guesthouses)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust