* Ideal for families, small groups, couples or individuals
* Perfect gift for birthdays, anniversaries, retirement, etc
* Our expert guides have a wealth of knowledge about the wildlife of Scotland
* Your own guide and comfortable minibus, for up to six guests
* Combine this with an evening at our wildlife watching hide
* In addition, accommodation, meals etc. can all be booked for you
* Target the species you’ve always wanted to see in the Cairngorms National Park
In this vast area, where the special wildlife is elusive, our local knowledge will track down the species you want to see. We judge the weather; know the terrain and most of all make it fun for everyone. From the comfort of an 8xseater minibus, the itinerary can be tailored to find the species you want to see or, if you’re not sure, we’ll show you the best wildlife, in and around the Cairngorms National Park. You can be collected from your accommodation; just choose one of the following day’s out:
Pine Forest - Start early in the ancient Caledonian Forest for Capercaillie, Black Grouse, Crested Tit, Scottish Crossbill and other woodland birds, with a good chance of Red Squirrel and Roe Deer. Quietly explore the tracks, looking for these Scottish specialities. During spring and summer, this works best as an extended day, with an early start for the elusive species.
Cairngorm Mountains - Walk into the Cairngorm foothills for Ptarmigan, Snow Bunting and, for the more fit, Dotterel during May-August. Though not a difficult ascent, the walk is up to 4 miles and therefore boots and outdoor clothing are essential. Access can be arranged via the Funicular Railway.
Moorland and Moray Firth - Explore moorlands for Black-throated Diver, Red-throated Diver and Red Grouse, before meandering along the Moray Firth for Osprey, seaduck and terns. There’s a chance of Bottlenose Dolphin as well as Otter. Again there is more travelling on this day, so it is suitable for the less mobile.
Highland Glen - Visit a local glen for Golden Eagle, Red Deer, Mountain Hare, Red Kite, Ring Ouzel, Peregrine etc. Drive through spectacular scenery into the heart of the mountains. This involves more travelling and less walking, so can be suitable for those not used to walking far.
If you’re looking for a more complete package then our years of experience, first rate admin team and attention to every detail, make us ideally placed to organise your trip, wherever you want to go. We can:
* Book accommodation to suit your budget
* Advise on your travel arrangements • Collect and return you to airport or station
* Arrange your car hire
* Take care of packed lunches on your days out
* Recommend other attractions and activities
Let us know when you’d like to come and what you’d like to see and we’ll put together some ideas and prices.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust