World Sacred Music Festival in Fes - Limited Edition
The location of Fes was chosen by Moulay Idriss based on the abundance of springs, which serves as the perfect metaphor for the river of culture that has since flowed from Morocco’s first capital. This culture now pools into a single event, the UNESCO recognised Fes Festival of World Sacred Music which serves as the heartbeat to Morocco’s artistic body. From Casablanca through to Marrakech with a stop at this world class festival, experience a rare insight into both Moroccan and world culture on this enlightening adventure.
- Marvel at the size of the Mosque of Hassan II, which dominates the Casablanca skyline – this massive edifice is the largest in Africa and second only in the world to the great mosque at Mecca
- Take part in the World Sacred Music festival in Fes. Festival that helped to maintain dialogue with the sacred through its legendary forum and the highlighting of arts and music.
- Uncover one of the most remote parts of the Roman Empire, and the most impressive Roman ruins in Morocco, at the UNESCO World Heritage site of Volubilis. Learn about the past from the knowledgeable local experts.
- Explore Morocco’s first imperial city, Meknes, and discover the charming streets of the old medina that lead to the lovely Bou Inania Medresse (religious school)
- Experience comfort and beauty of the Moroccan Riad, a traditional house with an interior garden and courtyard.
- Discover Chefchaoune, city painted in all possible shades of blue.
- Dive into Fes’ medina under a watchful eye of our local guide and be surrounded by the spiritual and cultural heart of Morocco, in arguably the world's most fascinating and confounding old city
- Spend a night surrounded by the dunes of Sahara desert. Enjoy comfort of an exclusive tented camp with en-suite bathrooms and private tents. Feast under the starts on the freshly prepared dinner, listen to the Bedouin stories and admire the sun rising up over the dunes.
- Enjoy a ‘Lawrence of Arabia’ moment while you ride a camel across the desert on your way back to the Auberge, with ever beautiful sunrise over the dunes of Sahara in a background.
- Learn the tea making secrets of Berbers at the exclusive demonstration with a local family. Listen to their stories and discover the way of family life in M’goun Valley
- Get into the laid back vibe of Essaouira, a Moroccan town with a European seaside twist – discover the best seafood markets only known to our local guides, walk the famed ramparts, embrace the beach, and explore streets of art galleries and workshops
- Witness the evening transformation of Jemaa el Fna in Marrakech, when it becomes a living stage; where food, music and entertainment come together to make one of the world’s greatest public squares
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust