Thailand & Laos Discovery
Thailand and Laos are two of South East Asia’s most exciting locations, thanks to a thrilling mix of bustling cities, natural splendour and historic intrigue. This 23-day trip begins in Bangkok and delves in-depth to the diverse Thonburi neighbourhood, before swapping the urban jungle for the incredible prehistoric forests of Khao Sok National Park. Based in unique boutique rainforest accommodation, explore the spectacular landscape of waterfalls and wildlife-laden trees of the park. Get acquainted with locals at a nearby village, then cross to the sublime Andaman Sea to cruise between isolated islands and feast on fresh fish. End on the extravagant island of Phuket, discovering the unique Old Town and farewelling this adventure with a dinner at a restaurant with an unbeatable location. This luxurious adventure offers just the right mix of city, beach, jungle and culture.
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at the Elephant Nature Park
- Visit the home of the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’, learn about its dark history and the construction of the railway during the war
- Enjoy lunch on board a slow trip down the Mekong River observing the stunning scenery and remote village life, while visiting a cave crowded with shrines is all done at a relaxed pace.
- With a visit to the Hmong Hilltribe Lodge, immerse yourself in the wonders of an ancient tribal culture without compromising on creature comforts
- Unwind in the laid-back jungle town of Luang Prabang. Watch as orange-clad monks gather offerings of rice, fruit and sweets from locals before sunrise in a daily alms giving ceremony
- Hike through the world’s oldest evergreen rainforest in Khao Sok NP, then retire to your feature stay consisting of unique luxury tents overlooking the jungle – complete with private bathroom, air con and a viewing platform
- Spend some time with our friends in the Ban Talae Nok Village – from seeing how they are recovering from the devastating Tsunami to learning locals handicrafts and sharing lunch with a local family, this is a memorable and enlightening visit
- Included flights on this trip makes travelling easy and allows for maximum time in each destination
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust