Southern Africa Experience
Embark on an adventure of a lifetime as you journey across South Africa and Botswana to the region’s most iconic attractions. Travel across South Africa’s southern coast, enjoying a tipple at some of the region’s most exquisite wineries and sampling local specialties, like oysters in Knysna, along the way. Visit the quaint seaside town of Hermanus, the world’s best land-based whale watching destination. Then spend time exploring some of the continent’s most cherished and iconic safari regions where giraffes, zebras, hippos and a rich variety of wildlife all roam. Hike the spectacular rugged coastline of Tsitsikamma National Park, spot elephants in Addo National Park, and keep an eye out for the ‘Big Five’ (lions, elephants, buffalo, leopards and rhinos) at Greater Kruger National Park and Chobe National Park. Round out the adventure with a visit to the thundering Victoria Falls, one of the world’s most spectacular natural wonders.
- Taste South Africa’s acclaimed wine heritage with a special Wine tasting in the Cape Winelands, where ducks form part of the workforce and hand-crafted wines are waiting to be sampled.
- Experience some of the world’s best whale watching without leaving dry land. Hermanus’ coastal walkways have the perfect spots to sit and watch the whales as they frolic in in the bay.
- Take the ultimate South African wildlife adventure. Explore some of southern Africa’s largest reserves – Addo Elephant National Reserve, Greater Kruger National Park and Chobe National Park – in 4WD’s with expert local guides.
- Seek out the 'Big Five' of African game – lion, elephant, Cape buffalo, leopard and black rhino – with game drives in and around the Kruger National Park.
- The thundering Victoria Falls is one of the world's most spectacular natural wonders, a phenomenon of sight and sound. Then return to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, our feature stay on this trip, for views over their watering hole.
- A morning Game drive in the Chobe National Park get you up close and personal with gnus, zebras and other wondrous wildlife.
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust